Saturday, November 24, 2007

WOW... what an amazing few days I have had.....


I found out about an amazing charity called the Australian Charity Of Childrens Photographers (ACOCP) through an online friend. They are the most amazing people. These are professional photographers who give up their time to go into local hospitals and give free photo sessions to families of seriously and terminally ill children aswell as premmie and stillborn babies. Now I don't proclaim to be a professional by any means but I thought this is something that I would love to do. To be able to use my talent to give something so special to these families when they need it most. So I sent of my application and found out on Wednesday that I had been accepted..........WOW. This is something that means alot to me so I am going to do my very best to give these families some special memories.

Then.............yesterday I recieved a phone call from the Tuggeranong Arts Center to say that a photo I had entered in their photography competition has been selected as a finalist. Well I was completley blown away.....YAY!! The judging is Sunday night at 6.30pm so I will let you all know how I went. The photo I entered is the one above titled.........Sleeping Beauty.

3 comments:

roni29 said...

Well done on the competition, Nat! 'Sleeping Beauty' is a stunner of a portrait - congratulations and best of luck with the next round of judging!

andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

Good Luck tonight Nat! I hope you have even more good news to share with us! Beautiful image and perfectly fits the theme! Congrats on being a finalist.

Andrea

PS.. Sorry about the deleted one... i stuffed it up.