Sunday, February 17, 2008

a dress, an alley, a ruin and a river










Very early on Saturday morning, (and I do mean very early, it was about 6am) me and my camera joined two friends and their cameras and one very brave model for a bit of fun. We did a photo shoot that is very popular in America and Europe and is slowly gaining popularity in Aus too. It is called a Trash the Dress. Now we used Veronicas(photographer) wedding dress for the shoot.

Now I know you are all thinking we are crazy...I know Brendan still is, but let me explain the concept to you. When you are getting married and you are having your photos taken the aim is to get lovely photos whilst keeping the dress in pristene condition. You would therefore sacrifice some gorgeous photos just because you may get some dirt on the dress. Well we don't care what happens to the dress because we are going for the perfect photo instead. To quote we are " pushing the boundaries of creative photography" If the dress gets wet well so be it. If it gets mud stained so be it. If we get awsome photos it was all worth it. We went to grafitti alley on Bunda st and then up to the ruins of the Stromolo Observatory and then ended the day at/in the Cotter.

So I think you can see from the photos above.................IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT.

I am sore, tired and I ache all over. I ended up in the river with our model all to get the perfect photo.

Would I do it again????

Hell yes!! enjoy looking at them :-)

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a great concept! Nice edgy comtempory feel to the photos.